Changelog 23 - Brilliant Backgrounds, Versatile Volume and Terrific Tiles
Written on July 2, 2019 by jrizzoli
Welcome to LineageOS’ regularly irregular review, where we go over recent changes
Major changes since March 1st
Unless explicitly stated, all the changes refer to the current branch, lineage-16.0.
- AOSP’s Night Display now controls night mode (on recent devices only, such as those with a Snapgragon 820 or more recent)
- LiveDisplay remains available for all its other features
- The volume panel can now be expanded to control all the various volume streams
- The volume panel can now be optionally relocated to the left
- Expanded quick settings are back
- Detailed views for the following tiles are available: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Location, Profiles
- New default wallpaper and a new wallpapers app with many new, and old, wallpapers
- Other than the usual nature, urban and abstract themed wallpapers, monochromatic and gradients wallpapers are now available
- Privacy Guard now supports apps in the Work Profile
- It’s possible to add up to two LockScreen shortcuts again
- Circle battery is back after being missing since LineageOS 13.0
- Notification ringtone level can be unlinked from phone calls ringtone level
- GPS battery saving mode can now be enabled from the Settings
- Vim has been updated to version 8.1
- Nano has been updated to version 4.2
- Fixed issue were using certain private DNS caused devices to crash thanks to backported fix from Q
- Support for bluetooth SBC DualChannel HD has been added (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Performance improvements for Eleven (music player app) (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Updated call recording configurations (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Call recordings are (dis)allowed on countries basing on laws and / or legal precedents. Informations with links are available in the source code.
- These countries now support call recording: Albania, American Samoa, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Belarus, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Estonia, Faroe Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, New Caledonia, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Peru, Russia, Réunion, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Saint-Martin, Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, Serbia, Singapore, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and Wallis-et-Futuna.
- These countries have been blocked from call recording: Andorra, Iceland, Indonesia, Monaco, Switzerland, the United States of America and some of its territories - Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the United States Virgin Islands.
- Countries not mentioned in these lists that already had call recording enabled will retain the ability to record calls.
- April, May, and June security patches have been merged (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 74.0.3729.157 (both 15.1 and 16.0)
Following popular demand, LineageOS is now on Patreon, so now you can become a patron and help keep on infrastructure up and running. You can find our page with all the information on patreon.com/LineageOS.
Bilingual? Trilingual? Anythinglingual?
If you think you can help translate LineageOS to a different language, jump over to Crowdin and have a go! If your language is not supported natively in Android, reach us out on Crowdin and we’ll take necessary steps to include your language. For instance, LineageOS is the first Android custom distribution that has complete support for the Welsh (Cymraeg) language thanks to its community of translators.
Please, contribute to translations only if you are reasonably literate in the target language; poor translations waste both our and your time.
Added 16.0 devices
|Device name||Wiki||Maintainers||Moved from|
|BQ Aquaris X||bardock||eloimuns, Quallenauge, Team aquaris-dev||15.1|
|BQ Aquaris X Pro||bardockpro||Quallenauge, Team aquaris-dev||15.1|
|Essential PH-1||mata||haggertk, intervigil, jrior001, rashed|
|Google Pixel||sailfish||intervigil, razorloves||15.1|
|Google Pixel XL||marlin||intervigil, razorloves||15.1|
|Huawei Honor 5X||kiwi||BadDaemon, dobo, joelh||15.1|
|Lenovo P2||kuntao||mikeioannina, highwaystar||15.1|
|Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (LTE)||YTX703L||Quallenauge, Vladimir Oltean||15.1|
|Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (Wi-Fi)||YTX703F||Quallenauge, Vladimir Oltean||15.1|
|LG G2 AT&T||d800||Kapricornus, Arnau, YoDevil||15.1|
|LG G2 T-Mobile||d801||Kapricornus, Arnau, YoDevil||15.1|
|LG G2 (International)||d802||Kapricornus, Arnau, YoDevil||15.1|
|LG G2 (Canadian)||d803||Kapricornus, Arnau, YoDevil||15.1|
|Nextbit Robin||ether||javelinanddart, mikeioannina, npjohnson||15.1|
|OnePlus 6||enchilada||LuK1337, luca020400|
|Oppo R7 Plus||r7plus||maniac103, mikeioannina||15.1|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A||lentislte||cvxda, sassmann||15.1|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus||kccat6||cvxda, sassmann||15.1|
|Wilefox Swift||crackling||jrior001, mikeioannina||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi 5||gemini||bgcngm, defer, h2o64||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s||capricorn||LuK1337||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||natrium||LuK1337||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||sagit||ArianK16a, Elektroschmock||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi 8||dipper||joe2k01, infrag|
|Xiaomi Mi A1||tissot||flex1911, TheScarastic||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX||lithium||balika011, blunden||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi MIX 2||chiron||mikeioannina, wight554||15.1|
|Xiaomi Mi Note 2||scorpio||joe2k01||15.1|
|ZUK Z2 Plus||z2_plus||DD3Boh|
Removed 15.1 devices
|Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1||X00TD|
|Google Nexus 4||mako|
|Nvidia Shield Tablet||shieldtablet|
|Samsung Galaxy S9||starlte|
|Samsung Galaxy S9+||star2lte|
|ZTE Axon 7||axon7|